Your child is requesting to enter the Science Without Borders® Challenge, a free, international art contest hosted by the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation. This Challenge was created to get students and teachers more involved and interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art.
For the contest, your child will provide information (first and last name, age, grade level and school; teacher first and last name, phone number, and email address; parent/guardian first and last name, primary phone number, and email address) and his/her artwork for the Science Without Borders® Challenge. Since your child is under the age of 13, the information collected will be kept confidential in compliance with COPPA and other similar state and federal laws.
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is the sole owner of all of the information that is collected during the contest.
- The personal information provided by the child is used for monitoring the program participation, for allowing contest entries and content submissions, for notifying contest winners, and handing out prizes.
- Only with parent/guardian consent, the child’s name, grade, and location (city, state (if USA) and/or country) may be used to promote the contest. This includes, but is not limited to promotion on social media, websites, etc.
- The operator will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the contest as a condition of participation.
- No information will be disclosed to third parties; this means that information will not be shared with any businesses and/or added to any mailing lists.
- The parent can review the child’s personal information, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information. Parents/guardians should contact the project coordinator, Amy Heemsoth ([email protected]) with questions and/or concerns.
Additional information about the contest can be found here: www.lof.org/SWBChallenge.